Saturday, January 14, 2012

naked.

I've sat down at my desk 4 times in the past 29 hours- excited and ready to write. When I get here, I find myself reminded that I'm stuck. I cannot write with clarity. At least, not like I used to.

Last week, my baby, my computer of 5 years, died on me. I'm stuck at a standstill. My creative potential has become stagnant. I have no energy to review photos, or retouch what I've captured lately. 

But, for what?

A piece of me was attached to my old computer. My mind doesn't like the idea of moving on. However- what I'm trying to appreciate is whether it's the computer that I'm attached to- or perhaps something else.

I haven't fully appreciated the last few months. What seems like yesterday, my life was a complete 180 from where it is today. I lived on the other side of town, with the Breakfast Lunch Club, and with an optimistic outlook.

Things were good.

What happened over the course of September drastically turned my world upside down. I went from a peaceful artist to an abandoned soul.  From here, I went to Yosemite where there was only a tent, my yoga mat, and a wise teacher. Here, I found my breath and was able to open my eyes- without tears. Through some struggle, I got back on my two feet.

Today, I remain vulnerable. However, it is this vulnerability that has enabled me to grow. And I am the most centered that I've been in 25 years.

Here's to you old computer, the past..and what's about to come.

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful and honest and resonates with me. Thank you for sharing this. I had no idea you were also a talented writer!

    ReplyDelete